This is one of the subjects taught by SINA mentors and it took several days for students to understand it completely, in between undoubtedly that we had so many meaningful discussions and insights from those days, especially from our instructors. Those teaching materials come from a book and we were taught with the essential parts of the book, which is very grateful and interesting due to I’ve never been through this type of teaching, and this was such an eye-opening for me.
So what is effectiveness? For me, it is saying that using the limited time to achieve high demand work for a good period of time. So what we can do to achieve such results? This book has the answer to build required capacities, in the way to ensure a system that accomplishes desired results for a long time due to an effective system.
Mindset leads to actions, so you have to believe that habits can be changed and they can be built. People have characters and also personality, they both are showing who we are when we presenting. While characters are the fundamental elements and it’s invisible, so it’s difficult to change or aware of it. But personalities are visible and can be changed. I remember one of our instructors asked us that can you pretend to be honest? which is a very interesting question. Apparently, you can not pretend to be honest, because they both cannot exist at the same time. So here honest is working like our characters, they are the underlying factors within ourselves. While pretending is like our personalities which can be changed so easily and so does the habits.
As long as you believe that habits can be shaped in a way that aligns with your characters, then let’s get started to module your habits and bring good changes to your life. The seven habits work in order, first, you have to be self-depend, then independent and last interdependent. That means every change starts by yourself, aligned with a quote that ‘be the change you want to see first’.
1. Proactive, some people always think that others should do this to you or they should treat you like this, but this is rarely happening in reality unless you start to treat others the way you want to be treated. So you should always take the initiative to start the change and don’t wait for others. The second point has a lot to do with a person’s “circle of influence”. Focus on the things that you can control and influence, you are the one who is responsible for your own life and you have that acknowledgment.
2. End in mind, it’s about the mindset and stamina. It is difficult for us to accomplish a final game if we don’t have that passion or end in our minds when we are on the way. Life is always full of ups and downs, bear the end in your mind, then you will finally see the final line if you have the stamina and envision on your way.
3. First thing first, we have been taught a lot that we should prioritize our time on Important and urgent things, but very few people keep this habit or mindset. So classify important and urgent things and organize this exercise in regular time, until they become part of your habits.
4. Think win-win situation, we always compete with each other in our education system as we taught to be the number one, especially in the Chinese education system, where we are not taught to work together with our classmates but to compete with them most of the time, which is unhealthy and vicious. Hence, bear the win-win mindset enable you to think of others while thinking of yourself, a good relationship or negotiation always comes from a win-win mindset.
5. Seek to understand then be understood, understanding is the key to problems, and it also ensures a good relationship. People often complain that others don’t understand themselves, but they never try to understand others first. It is a reciprocal relationship, and nobody owes you.
6. Synergize, it’s the time to interact with others if you already updated yourself. We need to see the value difference between people and truly understand the difference without judgments, then we can explore the alternatives to collaborate with each other based on understanding.
7. Sharpen the saw, you can only harness so many trees unless you sharpen the saw. In our daily life, it suggests that we should renewal ourselves in terms of health, emotion, knowledge and our minds on a daily basis, to renew ourselves for a better self.
Those habits are used by those highly effective people according to the author and they practice them every day which enables them to habituate it. It is a long process and also with time and energy consumption, but change starts when the time comes. And in the end, those people work highly effectively and smooth their work and life accordingly. Practice those habits then you will also make changes in your life and work.
what are your thoughts on highly effective habits? Do you have any additional information? Share your knowledge or comments below, thanks and enjoy. This article was edited by the original author without their consent, and should not be reproduced.